According to the electrolyte used in lithium ion batteries of different materials, lithium-ion batteries can be divided into liquid lithium-ion battery (lithium ion battery, referred to as LIB) and lithium-ion polymer battery (polymer lithium ion battery, referred to as LIP) two broad categories. Polymer lithium-ion batteries used in the anode and cathode materials and liquid are the same lithium-ion battery works are basically the same. The main difference is that the different electrolytes, lithium-ion battery using liquid electrolyte, and polymer lithium-ion battery to replace Zeyi solid polymer electrolyte, the polymer can be a "dry state" can also be a "rubber state "that the majority of the polymer gel electrolyte. Polymer lithium-ion battery can be divided into three categories:
(1) solid polymer electrolyte lithium-ion batteries. Electrolyte for the polymer and salt mixture, the battery in room temperature ionic conductivity is low, suitable for high temperature use.
(2) gel polymer electrolyte lithium-ion batteries. That is added in solid polymer electrolyte plasticizers and other additives to improve the ionic conductivity, so that the battery can be used at room temperature.
(3) polymer as cathode material for lithium ion batteries. Conductive polymer as cathode material, the specific energy of existing lithium-ion battery 3 times, is the latest generation of lithium-ion batteries. As with the solid electrolyte instead of liquid electrolyte, compared with the liquid lithium-ion batteries, polymer lithium-ion battery technology has 可 thin, any size and any shape of technology, etc., will not have leakage and other safety on the combustion explosion the problem, so you can create battery case plastic composite film, which can increase the specific capacity of the battery; polymer lithium-ion polymer batteries can also be used as cathode material, the mass ratio of liquid energy will be than the current lithium-ion battery increased by 50% or more. In addition, the polymer lithium-ion battery voltage, charge and discharge cycle life than lithium-ion batteries and so on increased. Based on the above advantages, the polymer lithium-ion battery known as the next generation of lithium-ion batteries.
Development of polymer lithium-ion Prospects
Polymer lithium-ion battery technology is mature in the world and has been commercialized for more than 2 years, although sales in the fast-growing, but its market share is still less than 10%, 90% of liquid lithium can not be compared market share, much lower than expectations. For various reasons, the current market prices are generally higher than that of the polymer liquid lithium, however, the competitive model of mobile appliances is quietly changing, especially polymer batteries for mobile appliances designed to bring value innovation (such as 4mm The superior performance of the thickness of the following, large size batteries), polymer battery is being more and more mobile phones, mobile DVD, recognized designers, vendors and confidence in the polymer and thus, believe that the era of the polymer will come. You can see from the development of mobile phones polymer lithium-ion battery development trend. Current mobile phone has the following trends:
(1) the phone itself to the small, thin in the direction of development to bring the consumer;
(2) handset design, personalized, and in the original design is no longer a square shape, irregular shape, curve, arc design modeling into the mainstream of mobile phone design aesthetic;
(3) the use of color, the phone function is increasing. To make mobile phones smaller, the battery decreases, thinning is the most effective way. 4mm thickness of the battery the following configuration to become the main trend of slim mobile phone, from the price, this is the specialty polymers. Irregular shape, curve, arc design of the shape of cell phone batteries available space left into irregular shapes. Rectangular liquid can effective use of space, lower capacity, while the laminated polymer irregular space that can be utilized most effectively, so that the capacity to enlarge. TCL King recently introduced the arc can be battery, trapezoidal battery, battery pack enables the handset to use the appropriate size of the liquid than the battery capacity increased by 50% or more. More and more phone features, leading to more and more power. Requires a corresponding increase in battery capacity. Without increasing the thickness of the case of the battery, polymer battery is the obvious advantage. Similarly, laptop computers, Bluetooth headsets, PHS mobile phone, mobile DVD and other electrical appliances in the mobile, portable and direction, are coupled with a liquid crystal display, and the function is on the rise, the LCD screen is growing larger. These give the polymer lithium-ion battery provides unlimited business opportunities.